Please note we are currently seeking additional board members (technology experience helpful) - if interested, please send your inquiry to Ursula Askins-Huber
NHAWLT Executive Board Members:
Ursula Askins-Huber, President & Advertising Manager
Mary A. Chamberlain, Past President
John Chaston, Ideas Column
Michael Clauss, Webmaster & Member Registration
Claudette Cote Moran, Treasurer
Julia Dutton, Technology Coordinator
Celeste M. Feren, Secretary
Kara Jacobs, Social Media Specialist
Lina Lee, Public Relations
Kenneth James Relihan, NH Department of Education World Languages Consultant
Svetlana Kerimov Stewart, NHAWLT Boutique, Poster Contest
New Hampshire Association of World Language Teachers
Established in 1967
The New Hampshire Association of World Language Teachers will serve and will represent all New Hampshire world language teachers.
Ø NHAWLT will serve NH world language teachers:
· Through its website: nhawlt.org which informs world language teachers about topics, opportunities and upcoming events of interest to them in their career.
· Through the yearly fall conference which presents workshops to educate and enrich world language teachers.
· Through awards for Teacher of Excellence, Student of Excellence certificates and Poster contest winners. Through the Teacher of Excellence and Poster contest winners that receive a monetary award.
· Through various grants for members attending national conferences as Best of NH, as NH delegates, and for other teacher award winners.
Ø NHAWLT will represent NH world language teachers:
· At NH Department of Education meetings, when requested.
· At various national conferences as a state delegate.
· At various events when NH world language teachers need to have a presence.