Awards & Contests
NHAWLT runs a number of annual competitions for its members.
Additional contests related to world languages will be posted when received.
With 5 different awards, the Annual NHAWLT Poster Competition is our most popular student event. Our theme this year is "Languages Make Global Connections". Posters must be postmarked no later than Wednesday, March 30. In keeping with 21st century skills, this year we are accepting both standard poster entries as well as digital entries. All of the specifications can be found below.
The New Hampshire Association of World Language Teachers now offers world language teachers in NH the opportunity to recognize their students’ outstanding achievement with the NHAWLT "Certificate of Academic Excellence".
NHAWLT TEACHER OF EXCELLENCE NOMINATION INFORMATION
Each year at the Conference banquet, NHAWLT honors an outstanding New Hampshire world language teacher or administrator.
NHAWLT’s recipient of the Teacher of Excellence also receives the “ED”ie* Award as guest at the “ED”ie banquet in June
This year’s Teacher of Excellence also receives a $200 honorarium.
Send your nominees to be considered to the NHAWLT Executive Board.
The honor is bestowed on a person who:
• Is a current member of NHAWLT
• Is a creative and innovative world language teacher or administrator
• Seems always to go beyond what is required to do a good job
• Has inspired other world language teachers
• Is one of the most outstanding teachers you have ever known
• Has contributed to the world language teaching profession in the state of N.H.
If you know an exceptional educator who fulfills these criteria, please complete and submit the Teacher of Excellence Nomination Form.
The Board will select one recipient from the nominations submitted.
All nominations must be received by May 30th to be considered for the fall conference.
If you are unable to e-mail, paper copies may be sent to Celeste Feren, Somersworth High School, 11 Memorial Drive, Somersworth, NH 03878
* “ED”ie is the NH Excellence in Education award. More info at: http://www.edies.org/